• DeviantArt


    Previous Posts Links Post-It

    Music Of The Mood(28/10/06)

    <bgsound src="http://home.vs.moe.edu.sg/tangwxb/lastsong.wma">
    The All-American Rejects - The Last Song
  • Sunday, August 13, 2006

    Being Borderline.

    [The difference a border can make.]

    I hate being borderline. Looking back on the few years of my life, I realised that I've always hovered at borderline, and that has caused me to lose out on loads of things, and perhaps even more in future.

    A first annoyance would be grades. Especially in countries like Singapore where test scores really matter, being borderline for a particular grade is especially irritating and horrifying. Why mark examinations based on a 100% total mark when ultimately, only the grades representing a particular range of marks are considered. Such is the agony of getting 49.4% for an examination especially if its an important one. And as my teacher always say, if you cannot pass your exam, you cannot get into university, then you cannot get a good job, then you do not have money to support yourself, and thus unable to get married cos no girl would marry you for your intelligence or your money (or more like the lack of either), then when you can't get an ideal partner, you have to settle for the "old maids" which will make life pretty horrible as you don't really have a choice(for the sake of the bloodline). Then your kids in future will also be like you, unable to pass exams, and therefore repeating your cycle of life. All in all, its your fault for dooming the entire generation because you can't pass your exam. Yep, thats what my teacher says.. which is of course, the worst case scenario.

    Another annoyance(for me) is the inflexible fitness standards here. My current situation in terms of fitness really puts me within microns of being fit and being a hopeless fitness case, which really makes a difference of a couple of months of time in National Service. Wouldn't that piss you off if you're in that situation. (Shut up ladies~) Had this compulsory check-up bullsh*t a few months back and they verified that I was 1.3% over the ideal weight and therefore, putting me into the "fatty" group which probably have to go in for National Service early. Fuck. Ahh, the NAPFA too. The final round of NAPFA's tomorrow and I'm not really confident of making it. Pull-ups, Broad Jump and 2.4km Run are my previous failures and my status for all of them are 4 for pull-ups (minimum 5), 21xcm for jump(minimum 223), 13.00 for run(minimum 12.40). Argh~ Fuck borderlines.

    Give me gradients anytime~


    link | posted by A3306 at 8:20 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela